Are you looking for a healthy snack? Try this out. So easy and so delicious, at any hour of the day. You can use any kind of nuts. Choose the one you like : cashews, pecans, peanuts, macadamia, almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, Brazil nuts… For this recipe, I used cashew nuts, peanuts and sunflower seeds.
For 1 Jar
Cashew nut (1 cup) – Peanuts (1 cup) – Sunflower seeds (½ cup) – Honey (2 Tbsp.) – Butter (2 Tbsp.) – Cayenne pepper (1 tsp.) – Thym (1 tsp.) – Paprika (3 tsp.) – Sea Salt (1 tsp.)
1. Preheat the oven (180 °C)
2. In a baking tray, put the nuts, the honey, the butter and the spices (Cayenne pepper, paprika & Thym).
3. Put the tray in the oven. Once the butter has melted,toss to coat all the nuts.
4. Cook for 25-30 minutes. Shake the baking tray a few times s so the nuts can cook evenly.
5. Once the nuts are roasted ( they should have a lovely red color thanks to the paprika), add the sea salt and let them cool down. Store them in a glass container and eat them whenever you need a little boost of energy.