Healthy suggestion from my lovely aunt, good in taste and beautiful in color. And it is asparagus season! You could eat it as an entrée or as a main light dish. Warm or cold, it i up to you. The following instructions are for an Entrée. Bon Appétit!
Pour la recette en français, je vous invite à consulter le site Chaudron Pastel.
White asparagus (800 gr or 5 to 6 big white asparagus) – Fennel (1 big) – Beetroots (2) – Green Green Anise (2 tsp.) – Almond Milk (½ liter) – Fresh Sprig Rosemary (2) – Coconut oil (1 Tbsp)
1. Peal and cut the asparagus in small pieces (3 cm long). Cut the fennel in small pieces, once removing the heart.
2. Heat the coconut oil in a medium saucepan and add the fennel. Cook it for 10-15 minutes, then add the asparagus and cook for 10 more minutes (on medium heath).
3. In the meantime, peal and cut the beetroots and put them in a food processor. Add the fresh rosemary sprig and 150 ml of the almond milk. Mix it. You can add a little bit more of almond milk, depending on the texture you want to have for the beetroots purée. Add salt and pepper and set aside.
4. Once the vegetables are cooked, add the green anise and the remaining almond milk. Mix together in a blender.You can add some water if you wish to have your soup more liquid, depending on the taste. Add salt and pepper.
5. Serve the soup in bowls and add a few spoons of the beetroots purée.