Energy ball are very trendy for the moment and it is for very good reasons: easy to prepare, no baking is necessary, usually prepared with superfoods. They will give you a boost of energy. Perfect for a healthy snack during the day or after sport. All you need is a good mixer/food processor.
For 12-15 Pumpkin Power Balls
Oats (1 cup) – Dates (225g) – Honey (¼ cup) 0 – Pumpkin puree (¼ cup) – Chia seeds (1 Tbsp.) – Cinnamon (tsp.) – Ground ginger (½ tsp.) – Ground nutmeg (¼ tsp.) – a pinch of salt
1. Put the dates, honey, pumpkin puree, chia seeds, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt in a food processor, and pulse until smooth and combined.
2. Transfer the mixture to a large bowl, and stir in the oats and the coconut flakes until evenly combined.
3. Shape the balls into your desired size (not too big.) Alternately, you can line a small baking pan with parchment paper, and press the mixture evenly into the pan, let it cool, and then cut into bars.
4. Store covered in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. (It helps the energy bites hold their shape.)
For 12-15 Oat-Raisins Power Balls
Oats (1 ½ cup) – Flax seed (¼ cup) – Raisins (1 cup) – Almond butter (½ cup) – Honey (1 ½ Tbsp.) – Cinnamon (1 tsp.) – Vanilla (1 tsp.) – Nutmeg (½ tsp.) – a pinch of salt
1. Add dry ingredients into a food processor and mix to combine evenly.
2. Add the remaining vanilla, honey, and almond butter and mix to form a sticky dough.
3. If the dough is too sticky, add more oats. If the dough is a bit too dry, add more almond butter to get just the right consistency.
4. Roll the mixture into 1 inch ball.
5. Keep in refrigerator and enjoy for up to a week!