Weekend is nearly there which means more time to cook. Not that this recipe needs a long preparation time but it is a perfect weekend dish. While the vegetables are slowly cooking in the oven, you have time to dress the table or bath your kids.
I do not know why I was craving salmon this week but I am happy I did. My kids loved it too.
large sweet potatoes (3-4) – Kale (250g) – Good quality salmon fillets ( 6 x125-150g) – vegetable stock (500 ml) – coconut milk (500 ml) – lime (1) – sticks of lemongrass (4) – fresh ginger (40 g) – clove of garlic (1) – red chili (1) – fresh – a bunch of cilantro – sesame oil (1 Tbsp.) – a mix of baby sprouts for serving.
1. Preheat the oven to 180C.
2. Peal the sweet potatoes and slice them into thin rounds. Arrange them in a large roasting pan.
3. Cute the kale into small pieces and put them on top of the potatoes.
4. Peel and chop the ginger and the garlic. Do the same with the red chili. Bruise the lemongrass and finely chop the tender parts.
5. In a bowl, mix together the vegetable stock, coconut milk, sesame oil, lemongrass, ginger, garlic and chili. Pour it over the potatoes/kale in the baking tray. Squeeze the lime and add the juice on top of it. Give it a good stir.
6. Roast it in the oven for 20-25 minutes. Add the salmon fillets and bake for another 8-12 minutes (depending on the size of your fillets).
7. Add the cilantro and the baby sprouts before serving. Add some chili flakes if you like it spicier.