October. The mushrooms season has started – and I love them. And with the temperature going down, we might crave a good warming soup. Try this one. It is quick and easy.
Mushrooms chopped- mix of white and brown (1kg) – Vegetable stock (1) – Onions chopped (2) – Garlic clove (1) – Vegetable stock (1l) – Greek yoghurt (4 Tbsp.) – Chives (a few sprigs) – a handful of nuts (or chestnuts) – Salt & pepper – A pinch of chili flakes (optional) – olive oil.
1. In a pan, on a medium heat, warm up some olive oil. Then, add the onions and the garlic. Cook it for a few minutes.
2. Add the mushrooms and cook them for an extra 10-15 min. Then add the vegetable stock. Bring it to a boil, reduce heat and cook it for an extra 15 minutes.
3. Put the liquid in a blender. Add salt, pepper and chili flakes. Blend it for 1 minutes.
4. Put it back to the pan and then add the yogurt. Give it a good sir. Adjust the seasoning.
5. Serve the soup into bowls. Add the chives and the nuts.